Minutes to be approved at the next meeting: May 11 at 2:15 pm
April Minutes of the Monthly meeting of the Honey Creek Community School PTO
Alison acted as chairperson, and Julie acted as secretary of the meeting
The meeting was called to order at _807__am
The secretary announced that the meeting was held pursuant to notice properly given and there was a quorum as represented by the following attendees:
Present in person:
|Ariel Moore||Ann Kovacs|
|Carla Devries by phone|
The minutes were distributed at the meeting, in the meeting announcement and on the PTO website. A motion was made by _Alison____ and seconded by _Ann___. Motion passed.
Vote for secretary replacement: 3 of 4 PTO executive committee present in person or by phone to approve Ariel Moore as PTO secretary.
Director’s reports– Al Waters not present
School Board Report– Bridget Carr reporting. Community was sent an email by the board re: Air quality last week. Air quality committee has met. One test was returned this week and they are continuing to wait on 1 test. Executive committee met but did not have quorum.
HC Foundation Report– no report
- PTO scrip assistant still needed. No volunteers as of now.
- Garden coordinator: Tom will fulfill his garden obligations already scheduled but do not plan to continue as coordinator next year. Tom was unable to use grant money for compost and delivery for garden clean-up day scheduled for Sat 4/14, order was cancelled. Grant was used up in March and this was not communicated to him.
Teacher Liaison Report: Jeannie not present. She sent ideas via email for teacher appreciation week.
Discussion: Teacher appreciation week. Teacher appreciation week 5/7/18- 5/11/18. Executive committee will discuss options using suggestions from Jeannie and distribute items during the week. Alison will send out emails each day highlighting teachers and staff. Ann is working on getting up to date teacher and staff list from Shellee and Karen Giltrow so we know the total number to provide gifts for.
Budget: Together club request was tabled previously but we have not heard if donations were obtained by the recess club. Alison will follow up with Salli. No formal report.
PTO Committee Reports :
- Wellness: no report
- STEM: no report
- Arts : Talent Show raised $662 at the door, ad revenue raised $795 proceeds go toward the 8th grade class trip
- Literacy : March was reading month and activities went well. Book boxes in hallways. Kids are enjoying them.
- Room Parents: Email from Abby Adams: K thru 5 off site social events fun and well attended. A Spring on campus event will be planned. Information to follow.
- Scrip: Discussion about possible end of year scrip push to inform community and sell some of inventory. We need to find out from Sandi the inventory amount.
No further business was brought forward. The meeting was adjourned at 8:47 am.