May 2018 PTO minutes

These are unapproved minutes to be approved at the June 8th meeting.

May Minutes of the Monthly meeting of the Honey Creek Community School PTO

Date May 11, 2018

Location: Pit

Alison acted as chairperson, and Ann acted as secretary of the meeting

The meeting was called to order at   2:35___pm

The secretary announced that the meeting was held pursuant to notice properly given and there was a quorum as represented by the following attendees:

Present in person:

Jeanie Crayne Ann Kovacs    
Al Waters Janet Nichols via phone    
Megan Rodgers Andrea Hayes    
Alison Polidano Julie DeJong    

 

Proceedings:

The minutes were distributed at the meeting, in the meeting announcement and on the PTO website. A motion was made by _Alison____ and seconded by _Andrea___. Minutes approved.

Director’s reports– Al Waters

  • Parent question via email for Al regarding no recent updates from air quality committee. Environmental committee is handling all issues regarding Air quality and testing results and he did not have any information. He deferred to the committee to answer why no emails have been sent recently.
  • Snow and building closure days for the year have reached our max allowed at 6 days. We are required to 75% attendance daily to count as a day of school. If we miss attendance mark or have another closure we will have to add days to the end of the school year.
  • M step testing going on and K-7 grades are working on completing in next 3 weeks. 8th grade has completed their tests.
  • School Board put additional administration person on hold due to budget obligations. Position had not been posted; draft description/job requirements had been created but never went out.
  • Honey Creek has started process of renewing its charter. Our charter expires in May 2019. The school has to renew its charter ever 5 years. Al does not foresee problem. Will be meeting with WISD and completing the lengthy process.

School Board Report– no report

HC Foundation Report– no report

Discussion:

  • Teacher appreciation week- went well. Email to PTO from parents who thought between room parents and PTO executive committee deliveries that all things were well received and appreciated by staff.
  • Graduation ceremony/dance: email from Lara Thomas with photos and google doc information was shared with executive committee and Erin Peterson. Info needs to get to parents signed up to help in all areas. Sign up pending.
  • Parent brought up fact the retaining wall around the rear playground is in disrepair. Alison/Ann will let Al know to see who is responsible for fixing. A plaque on the wall denotes much was donated originally.
  • Garden may transition to perennial garden, planting pumpkins for fall festival. This will depend on signup from parents for summer garden caretaking. Discussion of general community/ HC families/GH families/Summer camp families to use the garden plots so that it would no longer be a PTO activity. Tom Kovacs will not coordinate Garden next year .

Teacher Liaison Report: Jeannie Crayne reported the teacher appreciation week activities made teachers happy. Teachers have question about spirit wear.  Tommy wanted to add water bottles, swim caps and sweat bands as an option during the next order. Alison will get Tommy and Abby in touch re: spirit wear.

Budget: Net +$8875 for the year so far with expenses still outstanding. As of last meeting the Scrip inventory is ~$4,900.

PTO Committee Reports :

  • STEM: Science Olympiad on Saturday 5/12/18.
  • Wellness: Grace Kotre is teaching 4/5 mindfulness classes, wellness funded her for this. Purchase right for Screenagers movie for school event is being investigated. Maturation bags for 4/5 have been ordered. Wellness will provide popsicle snacks for PE play day. Garden Caretaking meeting 1 person attended at 2:30 today. Wellness wants to use any remaining budget this year for girls on the run 2019. Clarity wanted from Julie and Alison about Girls on the run info and how it is different than a sports team. Alison will talk with Amber and Al. Megan Rodgers told Julie that Tommy wanted heart rate monitors for PE. Julie will contact Tommy. Back to school picnic was reserved at Mill Pond Park for Aug 29th. Wellness committee wants to go to a teacher staff meeting in June or September to see the needs for next year.
  • Arts : no report
  • Literacy : No report
  • Room Parents : Abby is still planning a k-5 on campus social event before the end of school. Year end collection for teachers/admin is being planned for late this month.

Website Updates: nothing new. Megan Rogers mentioned that there may be a way to place a link/tab on the school website to bring people to a PTO page.

Scrip: still no one to take over Scrip from Sandi Little. We will be looking at alternative solutions.

Upcoming Events:

CPK fundraiser next week for Curriculum celebration luncheon/dinner for teachers and dine in/take out for all over May 18-20th 

PE play Day June 1st

Gradu ation Jun 12th

 

No further business was brought forward. The meeting was adjourned at    323         pm. The next meeting will be held Friday June 8th.

Respectfully submitted,

Ann Kovacs

PTO Secretary

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Announcements, Minutes

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s